Tuesday 30 October 2012

Picnic dessert


These kebabs are amazing! Fudgy brownie cubes, soft marshmallows, strawberries and a drizzle of dark chocolate...hungry yet?

The first time I made these kebabs I was in a slight state of panic. I had a picnic to attend and I was responsible for bringing dessert. The only problem was I had completely forgotten the picnic was on. So when the day arrived here I was lounging in my PJ's, looking dishevelled, no dessert prepared and 2 hours until the picnic. So upon realising, I needed something easy, quick and transportable. A quick search of the pantry and within no time dessert was made.

I made these again last Sunday and they were a huge hit. They're perfect for a picnic, easy to eat and not too rich... well depending on how many you scoff down.


Dessert Kebabs
S'morish original ~ makes 20-30

1 large punnet of strawberries
1 packet of marshmellows
1 batch of brownies  (I used these)
75g dark cooking chocolate
20 skewers 

Make the brownies. Once they have cooled to room temperature cut into 3cm x 3cm cubes.
Assemble the kebabs by inserting a strawberry first, this mosistens the skewer so that the marshmellows don't stick. If you wish, slice the larger strawberries in half, by doing so you will be able to make more kebabs.
When all kebabs are assembled arrange them on the tray that you will serve them on.
Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the kebabs.

These kebabs can be stored in the fridge however you may like to bring them to room temperature before serving.


What's your favourite picnic dessert?



No comments:

Post a Comment